- Seasoned veteran offering over 22 years of experience in Instructional Design with a strong background in video editing, animations, illustrations, custom graphics, and adult learning principles.
- Greatest assets are speed of development, attention to detail, and willingness to mentor.
- A strong get-it-done focus with a willingness to do whatever it takes to meet deadlines.
- Developed a wide range of IT, Retail, Health Services, and Religious Adult Education training materials; including technical writing, storyboarding, training video production, presentations, posters, huddle cards, flyers, brochures, policy and procedure manuals, and curriculum development for the classroom and e-learning.
- Built and host WordPress and Moodle E-Learning sites utilizing software including Camtasia, Articulate 360, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, WordPress with Elementor, and Microsoft Office Suite to create all supporting documents, activities, “How2” step-by-step training demonstrations, videos, presentations, LMS courses, and instructor manuals and exams.
- Proven ability to master new software extremely fast to train others to use it.
- Specializing in first-time documentation of work tasks to build new training and storyboarding the process of each iteration.
- Successfully worked remotely since 2003.
HCA HEALTHCARE, ITG, LEARNING SOLUTIONS October 2018-Present
Senior Instructional Systems Designer
Instructional Systems Designer II July 2017 – Oct. 2018
Seasoned veteran offering over 22 years of experience in Instructional Design with a strong background in video editing, animations, illustrations, custom graphics, technical writing, and adult learning principles. My greatest assets are my speed of development, attention to detail, and willingness to mentor other employees.
From July – December 22, I worked on the MEDITECH Expanse rollout. Out of the 324 training modules, I personally created 195 of them in 5 months using AmbiFi.
From 2020-to 22 I created over 30 courses for Graduate Medical Education (GME). I created and maintain the ITG HR Onboarding training and the Reservable Space videos. I managed the Atlas Connect site for the COVID training materials and created courses for Mass Vaccination, Care Team Assignment, REGS EM, Mobile Heartbeat, and Scheduling Express walkthrough.
In 2019 I completed the “first-ever in-house developed”, Code of Conduct Orientation Training. I developed a PowerShow for facilitator training and piloted the use of Storyline 360 for HealthStream (LMS) based training. Over 13,000 learners have completed the course with “0” negative responses.
In 2018 I completed e-Learning modules for: Connected Classroom, Video Enablement, iSpeak, TLS-Oncologic Emergencies, eBinder, ReservableSpace, eClinicalWorks, MyHealthOne Clinical Overview, Outlook Mobile Feature, Patient Keeper (PK Boot Camp – NoteWriter, Patient List and Sign Out), SCRI – AIDET. The greatest accomplishment of the year was the ServiceCentral Rollout/Go Live training. I developed 24 (out of the 33 total videos) for application training in 2 months’ time and on time.
In 2017 I completed 30 Medical Billing & Coding videos for the REGS department.
HCA IT&S LEARNING SOLUTIONS (Insight Global) Aug 2016 to Dec 2016
Contract position, through Insight Global, on location at HCA Metroplex. Creating video-based training for the Supply Management and Resource Tracking System (SMART). The training covers each task, within the twelve primary functional groups, which provides automated support for inventory, purchasing, receiving, distribution, file maintenance, and accounts payable activities. Training videos produced in Camtasia and Captivate presented on the HealthStream LMS, as well as Media Connect.
CYANNA EDUCATION SERVICES Jan 2015 to Oct 2016
Previous Jan 2009 TO July 2013
Instructional Designer – Independent Contractor
- Short-term contract by the hour position.
- Developing and editing subject matter expert training videos with all supporting documentation.
- Manage multiple priorities within set project deadlines while tracking project data in Redmine.
- Involved in developing education curriculum, courses, and programs of study for e-learning and classroom study.
- Work collaboratively with leadership, professors, instructional designers, and curriculum developers to develop and improve educational programs and student success.
- Involved in developing, implementing, and facilitating adult vocational training curriculum and graduate-level education.
- Cyanna offers several different platforms of Learner Management Systems. All training/course material must be developed according to their specific templates and designed to be used across the different platforms.
- Cyanna utilizes my skills and experience in developing curricula from scratch, even if I’m new to the subject.
DOLLAR GENERAL CORPORATION (Insight Global) Dec 2014 to Apr 2016
- The short-term contract position expired in April 2016.
- Creating job-specific training materials for new Demand Chain Analysts working in the Supply & Demand Chain Management Group.
- Developing multiple new training modalities including theory-based and technical writing documentation, instructor-led classroom training materials with management defined objectives, instructor guides, presentation material, computer-based training, handouts, group and individual exercises, and evaluations to measure the effectiveness of the training.
- The final project included developing training material for new promotions management software while the software that is still in development. Accounting for the procedure adjustments and change requests updates along the way.
- Dollar General’s goal is to create training resources, to have the new mployee fully trained and productive within one month.
- To meet these goals, I have developed a team SharePoint site to offer access to all the new training material, for the learner and the instructor.
- The greatest accomplishment is documenting, for the first time, the extremely complex daily tasks a Demand Chain Analyst completes manually and/or through software. The final product was a complete set of training, for the instructor and the new employee, to feel confident every step of the job was well covered. The training is offered on a SharePoint site allowing quick access to all the material as needed.
CORRECT CARE SOLUTIONS (Insight Global) July 2014 to Sept 2014
- Short-term contract position.
- Produced 93 Electronic Medical Records training videos for proprietary software.
- Production included learning the software, writing the scripts, recording the voice, and producing the videos using Camtasia v8.4
- Training included patient demographic and medical history information, order entry, pharmacy med pass, non-formulary requests, barcoded and non-bar coded document scanning, indexing, chart maintenance, labs, workflows, utilization management, care management, scheduling, and referrals.
TechSkills, LLC May 2003 to May 2012
Director of Academics
- Provided trusted administrative support to VP and executive teams. Earned a reputation for having a strong work ethic and producing dependable high-quality work in a timely manner.
- Promoted four times in five years.
- Manage large-scale curriculum development projects for adult training programs.
- Responsible for managing development, staff, writing procedure manuals, LMS database administration, and weekly reports.
- Recruited, interviewed, hired, and trained instructors and subject matter experts for each campus. Directly responsible for task assignments, project evaluations, and payroll for development teams. Monitored employees’ effectiveness and student successful completions.
- Remotely managed weekly/monthly training teleconferences for 32 campuses.
- Directly responsible for all LMS curriculum-related data entry, maintenance, processing, and reports for all pricing, enrollments, completion statistic, and access by each campus.
- Supervised the development team and assigned the task to complete monthly/yearly project goals as assigned by the Board of Directors. Supported the legal team in researching state-to-state requirements and producing the required forms for approvals.
Instructor Dec 2001 to Apr 2003
- Conducted training classes, student evaluations, scheduling, mentoring, and follow-up to thoroughly prepare the student to pass certification exams.
- Taught courses for multiple IT and Health Services programs. Proven ability to condense complicated technical material into easily understood language according to students’ skill level.
- Exercised excellent communication and problem-solving skills in a team-centered environment. Demonstrated commitment to collaborate to complete projects in a calm professional manner.
Metro Bordeaux Hospital – Nashville, Tn Mar 1988 to Apr 2003
Patient Account Specialists
- Repeatedly promoted during a successful 20-year tenure. Provided billing, coding, reimbursement tracking, and appeals process for Pharmacy, Lab, X-Ray, and TubeFeeding for a 520 bed Skilled and Long Term Care facility. Provided ongoing training to staff in computerized patient information, billing, and claims processing software to speed processing and minimize rejections.
Volunteer at NEW LIFE CHURCH 1996 to 2017
Media Director/Technical Support
- Introduced the church to computer use, installed computers, manage updates, software installs, virus protection, networking both wired & wireless, and set up the first website.
- Trained church personnel, various members, family, and friends to use a computer and have served as on-call Tech Support for 18 years. Services rendered have been mostly on a volunteer basis but have also been paid projects at times.
- Responsible for the creation of a PowerPoint/video displayed on four screens before, during, and after each service to make announcements and encourage deeper involvement in church activities.
- Responsible for the media presentations during each service including scriptures, songs, video, audio, and background music.
Skills & Expertise
Storyboarding, Writing Curriculum, E-learning Content, Screen Capture, Voice over PPT & Video Training Production, Class Room Lectures, Learner Management Systems, Presentation Development, Training Video Development, Video Editing, Project Management, Product Development, Assessments, Time Management
Computer Technology & Design
Graphic design, Web Design, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, InDesign, Bridge, Media Encoder, Dreamweaver)
Microsoft Office Suite- (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, OneNote, and SharePoint)
G Suite (Google Docs, Drive, & Google Sheets)
Knowledge of Operating Systems (MacOS, Windows)
Communication platforms (Skype, Slack, Microsoft Teams, WebEx Teams)
Learner Management Systems (HealthStream, Moodle, Canvas)
TechSkills, LLC Nashville, TN 2001 to 2003
A+, Network+, I-Net+, CIW Professional, Microsoft Office Specialist, Certified in Convergent Network Technologies (CCNT), Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook), Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Storyline 360, Rise, Camtasia, Captivate, Audition, AfterEffects, Dreamweaver, WordPress, Muse, Fireworks, SharePoint, Microsoft Expressions 4, Brackets, CorelDRAW, Flash, Lotus, QuickBooks, Quicken, Peachtree, Kronos, MEDITECH Expanse, Medisoft, LMS, Moodle, Canvas, AmbiFi, Adobe Acrobat, Skype, WebEx, Instant Message, Lync, Remote Assistants, various proprietary database design and management systems.